Posts Tagged CALRG conference
The 36th annual CALRG conference took place from 15 to 17 June 2015 at The Open University. This year, we began the programme with a day for doctoral student work associated with the FutureLearn Academic Network (FLAN). The keynote address, An Ecology for eLearning: MOOCs, Minnows and Monsters, was given by long-time CALRG member Professor Sir Tim O’Shea, Principal, University of Edinburgh.
- Bronwen Swinnerton, University of Leeds. Can demographic information predict MOOC learner outcomes?
- Srecko Joksimovic, University of Edinburgh. MOOCdb – developing data standards for MOOCs
- Vitomir Kovanovic, University of Edinburgh. Inquiry-based learning and MOOCs: challenges and opportunities
- Katy Jordan, The Open University. Trends in MOOC completion rates
- Inge de Waard, The Open University. Self directed learning dynamics in FutureLearn courses: towards a framework
- Janesh Sanzgiri, The Open University. MOOCs for development? A study of Indian Learners in massive open online courses
- Hannah Gore, The Open University. Engagement of informal learners undertaking open online courses and the impact of design
- Tina Papathoma, The Open University. Exploring learners’ motivations on assessment in a massive open online course