After presenting at the SoLAR Flare learning analytics event last month, I was invited to the London Knowledge Lab to present at one of their regular What The Research Says seminars. This month, the subject was on ‘Designing a MOOC’, and I talked about building the links between learning design and learning analytics. This included a look at patterns of engagement in MOOCs, and how they vary according to pedagogy and learning design.
Other speakers at the event:
- Diana Laurillard: Introduction to designing MOOCs: Theory, practice and evidence
- Russell Beale: Social Learning the FutureLearn way
- Matt Jenner: The research says very little: Designing a MOOC Platform
- Natasha Bonnelame: Tate / Khan Project: Learning in an Altermodern World
- Tim Powell-Jones: Encouraging learning through social dynamics in a MOOC