Together with Bart Rienties, I hosted visits from Shaun Boyd (NMIT, Australia, Victorian Higher Education and Skills Group Fellow), Shreeharsh Kelkar (MIT), and Adam Cooper (CETIS, Bolton) on 8 July 2014.
We organised a Learning Analytics Summer Institute (LASI@MK) event in association with these visits. This formed part of the worldwide series of LASIs organised in conjunction with the Society for Learning Analytics Research (SoLAR). The event was also associated with the European-funded Learning Analytics Community Exchange (LACE) project.
LASI@MK included short presentations from:
- Linda Price on the long history of learning analytics at The Open University
- Avinash Boroowa on the development of an ethical framework for learning analytics
- Doug Clow on the systemic implementation of learning analytics
- Vicky Marsh on links with quality enhancement and quality assurance
- Shailey Minocha on the use of learning analytics in virtual environments
- Zdenek Zdrahal on predictive modelling
- Adam Cooper on the LACE project
It also included more extensive presentations by
- Denise Whitelock on the SAFeSEA project
- Shaun Boyd on the implementation of analytics at his institution
- Shreeharsh Kelkar on MOOCs, software and the study of learning.