- Develop a research strategy for your own and joint research initiatives to improve the project’s pedagogical understanding of learning in SocialLearn
- Conduct a state of the art review as an individual research project of approaches to analysing learner activity, particularly in social networks
- Define, gather and analyse SocialLearn user data, working with programmers as a collaborative research project to instrument the SocialLearn platform with analytics
- Work with the software team to translate these findings into design improvements, for further evaluation
- Liaise closely with the rest of the SocialLearn team
- Liaise with other technical and non-technical audiences within the Open University
- Disseminate results to the Web 2.0 educator community, and international research community, as peer reviewed publications, presentations, and via blogs and screencasts
- Track potential funding opportunities and take the lead in drafting proposals for external grants.
- You will have the opportunity to assist in PhD supervision and training in relevant projects
- You will be required to attend project meetings and contribute appropriately.